So I got the idea in my head that
P1 I like mushrooms
P2 I like growing stuff
and thus, by some sort of transitive manipulation,
C1 I should like growing mushrooms.
I'm looking into it and I'm suck between growing Shiitake, Nameko, or Cinnamon Cap mushrooms. The first has a good variable temperature range optimal up to 75 F, while the latter two like cooler climes, Max temp 50F.
I really want to grow the latter, but probably won't, since even int he winter, my apartment doesn't come close to staying in that range.
The only thing is that they're kind of expensive. It's gonna be 27ish dollars Plus S&H for what will (If I'm lucky) end up as 2-3 pounds of mushrooms, and if I'm really lucky, spawn material.
However, the allure of Nameko stews or in soy sauce on rice, butter-sauteed cinnamon caps, or fresh shiitake for stir fry or soup is tempting.
Makes me want to splurge on mushrooms.
Chaplaincy Thoughts, or How To Start
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment